Subject: Re: San Francisco Opera 2004-2005 Season
From: [log in to unmask]
Date:Mon, 29 Dec 2003 12:46:48 EST

In a message dated 12/29/2003 11:28:18 AM Eastern Standard Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:
Billy Budd by Benjamin Britten
Cosė fan tutte by Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart
Eugene Onegin by Pyotr Ilyich Tchaikovsky
La Traviata by Giuseppe Verdi
Le Grand Macabre by Gyorgy Ligeti
The Flying Dutchman by Richard Wagner
The Pearl Fishers by Georges Bizet
The Queen of Spades by Pyotr Ilyich Tchaikovsky
Tosca by Giacomo Puccini
I have madea point of visiting SAN FRANCISCO virtually ever year for over ten
years to see opera, friends, dine and obtain my annual wine dosage in Napa &
Sonoma. This present season, I was unimpressed with the overall season, and
since we were in the adoption process, decided to budgetize by not buying tons
of wine. It seems, that 2004-05 will have me sitting out another season in San
Francisco, and perhaps I will be buying my wine in Virginia, Oregon,
Washington State or Europe instead! Le Grand Macabre sounds interesting, since I don't
know the work, but otherwise, there is little to pull me across the country.
Sadly,

ALAN J. SAVADA, CTC
Washington, DC

                    http://www.OPERA-L.org