Subject: ARTISTS' EVENTS!!
From: Bob Dilley <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Thu, 6 Nov 2003 06:52:35 -0500

Forsooth Opera Lovers!

Today we can celebrate the birthdays of:

    Leo Goeke (1936).
    Beverly Wolff (1928).
    Renato Capecchi ((1923-1998).
    John Phillip Sousa (1854-1932).
    Nicola Rossi-Lemini (1920-1991).
    Ignace Jan Paderwerski (1860-1941).

Also, Cilea's "Adriana Lecouvreur," and Janacek's "The Cunning Little
Vixen" premiered on this date in 1902 and 1924, respectively.

Let us remember the following artists who passed away on this date:

    Edgar Varese (1883-1965).
    Heinrich Schutz (1585-1672).
    Elizabeth Grummer (1911-1986).
    Pytor Tchaikovsky (1840-1893).

The quote for today is: "I refuse,' exclaimed Varese, 'to submit myself
only to sounds that have already been heard.'"  As graciously provided
by Mrs. Mickey Dove with my heartfelt thanks and appreciation for her.

As always, a big HAPPY BIRTHDAY to our birtday artists for today and all
forum members who share their birthday with them.

JUSSI LIVES and RULES!!

Pace e Gioia,

Bob Dilley
Morituri te Salutamus