Subject: Travatore @sfo
From: Arnold Kaye <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Sat, 28 Jun 2003 23:59:57 EDT

Friday night in the city.
Glorious performances by all, particularly the two women. Zajick was
incredible
Strange sets and costumes that made all the men look like the Ferndale
Flasher. Lots of air raid warden hats. Who was the big head hanging above the
action? Many in our party of 40+ thought it was Verdi.
I thought maybe the giant head from Mork and Mindy.
But, to get to the crux of the evening...it was too bloody hot in the hall. I
was downstairs and I can only imagine what the balcony was like. I know SF
was unseasonably hot (anytime it is hot in SF, it is unseasonable) but one would
think at $130 or so a seat, the management could figure out some way to keep
the temperature in a reasonable range.
I know, buy less funny hats and turn on the AC.

Arnie
back in wine country