Subject: Re: Munich Rodelinda to come out on DVD
From: James Johnston <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Mon, 30 Jun 2003 15:51:51 -0400

Not to rain on Helen´s parade, but - and this is a VERY BIG "but" - there
is no evidence in the subscription material for this DVD (the
new "Rodelinda")that it will be compatible with the format (Category 1)
available in the United States.

I say this because I picked up a subscription form last night while at the
Staatsoper for Don Carlo.  Nowhere could I find an option as to which
Category you were ordering; I concluded from that omission that the only
category available would be the one that could be used in Germany (i.e.,
Category 2)

I hope that I am wrong; I would dearly love to get the DVD (in a format I
can use, that is).  I saw the show opening night, and will see it again
July 2.  Alden restrained his predilection for euro-trash to a remarkable
degree (remarkable certainly to anyone who has seen his productions of
Götterdämmerung and  Il ritono d´Ulysse)