Subject: Re: Pobbe Obituary
From: DAN KESSLER <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Wed, 25 Jun 2003 06:28:32 -0400

At 11:22 PM 6/24/03 +0200, David Geary wrote:
> >her 1948 debut at Spoleto as Marguerite and 1958 Met debut as Mimi.
>
>This is strange. I've always been sure I saw Pobbe as Marguerite in
>Faust with the Met on tour in Toronto, and I thought that was before
>1958. But maybe not. Gedda was the Faust in that performance.
>
>David

Yes, it was Pobbe who sang Marguerite in "Faust" at the Met and on tour.
including Toronto (May 31, 1958).  I saw her in it myself with Nicolai
Gedda in the spring of 1958 at the Met (prior to the tour).

Miss Pobbe appeared in two roles at the Met, Marguerite in "Faust," and
Mimi in "Boheme."

Best regards,
Dan Kessler