Subject: Re: View from the Pit
From: [log in to unmask]
Date:Mon, 23 Jun 2003 21:23:40 EDT

The following is a true story. The names have been changed to protect the
innocent. A member of the production staff of a prominent opera company brought
his mother from the country to the opera for the first time and decided to
introduce her to some people back stage.

Mother: "Oh, Mr. Caruso, you were simply wonderful."
Son: "And this is Mary, she designed the costumes."
Mother: "They were just lovely, Mary."
Son:  "This is Charlie, our make-up artist."
Mother: "I just loved the make-up."
Son: "See you tomorrow, Bob. Oh, this is my mother;
          Bob hangs the scenery."
Mother: "What a well-hung production!