Subject: Re: Need Info on opera "Benvenuto Cellini"
From: Yoel Arbeitman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Sat, 28 Jun 2003 04:49:57 -0400

On Fri, 27 Jun 2003 23:23:07 -0400, Basil Grapsas <[log in to unmask]>
wrote:

>Hello,
>The MET will premier the opera "Benvenuto Cellini" next season, could some
body fill me in this opera.
>Thanks
>Basil

 Hello Basil,
   I can only give you my previous post.
http://listserv.cuny.edu/Scripts/wa.exe?A2=ind0303B&L=opera-l&P=R13134&I=-3

The Berlioz Website is preparing a number of libretti of the various
versions of this opera. They are not yet on the site. There are at least 4
versions of this opera. The only libretto is in the Davis (Philips) studio
set. The Ozawa on Opera d'Oro is a different version completely.
Best wishes,
Yoel