Subject: RIP: Richard Davies
From: Val Suan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Fri, 28 Feb 2003 18:24:42 -0800

I am in shock.

I received Richard's email last Feb. 19, 2003,
chastising me in his humourous way about my recent
"tongue-in-cheek" posting about ballet in opera.

After exchanging several emails,I finally met Mr.
Davies in London last April during my first visit to
the British capital for Masked Ball, Tristan et al. He
treated me to a wonderful dinner in a restaurant near
Kensington Palace and regaled me with operatic
stories. He helped me secure a wonderful orchestra
seat for the TRISTAN prima.

My dear Richard, the angels are singing with you. My
deepest condolences to his family and loved ones. I
will miss you a lot my dear friend.

Im going to play Leontyne Price's "Libera me" from
Verdi's REQUIEM in his honor.

val suan
houston