Subject: Re: Kiss me, Kate on PBS, from London
From: Greg Fitzmaurice <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Fri, 28 Feb 2003 10:15:26 -0500

In a message dated 2/28/2003 9:30:04 AM Eastern Standard Time, [log in to unmask] writes:

> Somehow I got the feeling it was dubbed, especially the
> Petruchio.

Unfortunately, I haven't been able to see this yet - but from all reports on another list I'm on, it was definitely not dubbed.

As far as Petruchio, if we're talking about the Alfred Drake/Howard Keel part, that was performed by Brent Barrett, one of the best voices on Broadway.  If you want to hear an excellent recording by Barrett, pick up the EMI studio recording of Brigadoon - he and Rebecca Luker are wonderful in it.

Greg Fitzmaurice
Durham, NC