Subject: Licia Albanese at L'amore di tre re
From: Andy Karzas <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Thu, 27 Feb 2003 18:37:59 -0600

I hope that Licia will also discuss "L'amore di tre re" when she appears in conjunction with the Sarasota Opera performance of the work.    She sang Fiora with the Philadelphia Grand Opera in April, 1961 with Walter Fredericks and William Wildermann,  Bamboshek conducting.   To my eternal regret I couldn't go, but a dumpling of act 2  ( in wretched sound)  indicates that it must have been quite exciting!

Andy Karzas