Subject: Re: Chicken Restaurants in Opera (was Cebotari/Dimitrova)
From: Rob Gonzales <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Mon, 10 Feb 2003 15:55:10 -0500

At 03:16 PM 2/10/03 -0500, Marco Schmid wrote (in part):

>.... After one of the Macbeths I was walking to the subway and saw her
>sitting in a
>Wienerwald eating a chicken. The equililant of a Wienerwald would be
>something like Boston Market maybe. Perhaps a tad more upscale since they do
>serve you there.

Marco and List,

Interestingly enough, the recent Köln production of Der Rosenkavalier
(production by Günter Krämer, with Soile Isokoski, Monica Groop, Iride
Martinez and Kristinn Sigmundsson) sets the third act in a Wienerwald
restaurant. Did any list members see this production?

A photo of Sigmundsson as Ochs in Act 3 can be found at the following link:

 >http://www.opernglas.de/12_02/gifs/Rund_01_gr.jpg

Also, for Asian singers, how about Hellen Kwon, Dilber, and Kwangchul Youn ?

BTW, I'm happy that I share my birthday with Ms. Cebotari, Ms. Price and
Mr. Siepi (Aquarians Rule)!

Rob Gonzales
Ft. Lauderdale, Florida  USA
mailto:[log in to unmask]