Subject: Dialogues Des Carmélites Music
From: Jon Andrews <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Wed, 12 Feb 2003 09:36:06 -0500

I am curious where the many short orchestral interludes came from that
precede many if not most scenes?  They are not in my Ricordi score, so I
assume Poulenc added them for a subsequent production (and I don't recall
hearing them on a tape of the 1957 premiere from La Scala either).  Anyone
have any info?  Regards to all,
Jon