Subject: Record to VCR from radio
From: Peggy Houdek <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Fri, 3 Aug 2001 16:12:50 -0400

A couple of years ago, we went thru this and I was able to make it work to
record long operas. Since then, we have a new TV, new VCR and a digital
cable box.  I can't for the life of me make it record.  I've tried several
set-ups:  tuner audio out to vcr, audio in, and set it to input Av1;   tuner
audio out to tv audio in, input Av1 -- still doesn't work.  I can get the
sound through the TV, but when I record and play back, all I get is static
on the screen and no sound.  Any suggestions?  I treid going back to the
archives, but couldn't find anything that fit my situation. I want to record
the Tanglewood broadcast tomorrow night of Salome, so I've been
experimenting, since the silly BSO doesn't allow for web broadcasts.  Any
suggestions greatly appreciated.  I wonder if it might be the digital cable
box that's causing the trouble?  Many thanks, peggy from lenox