Subject: Grob-Prandl
From: Terri Stuart <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Sun, 5 Aug 2001 20:58:00 EDT

In a message dated 8/5/2001 1:59:45 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

> Now I am just going through some of my Rings and Ring operas and am just
> listening to the 49 Goetterdaemmerung with Grob-Prandl under Moralt. What
> an underrated artist. I find her voice even bigger (and more beautiful than
> Nilsson's).

BTW, my very good friend and erstwhile Opera-L contributor,Wolf Janson of
Altenkirchen Germany ([log in to unmask]), is a HUGE fan of Grob-Prandl devotee.
He heard her in his youth in Germany, I believe LIVE and on the radio.  Of
all his favorite singers, she is at the top.  He is one who prefers a voice
with great dramatic quality and less so sheer vocal beauty.  I think he would
say that she had that rare quality of BOTH.  He sent me some snippets of her
singing, but I will have to seek out that Gotterdammerung which you mentioned.

Maybe I can coax him into writing something about her, but he has been very
busy of late and not participating much in forums.

Cheers,
Terri