Subject: Re: ORALIA DOMINGUEZ
From: Mike Richter <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Sun, 5 Aug 2001 10:15:08 -0700

At 12:26 PM 8/5/2001 -0400, Calvin M Goodwin wrote:

>There has been reference to her participation in a Chicago Lyric Coronazione
>di Poppaea. I don't know if that performance has been preserved, but her
>Arnalta in the same opera can be heard in a recording made from a performance
>in Florence in 1966. It's on the inexpensive Opera D'Oro label and is well
>worth seeking out though it should be stated that it is now out of print and
>available only through the Opera D'Oro cut-out site (Cybermusic Surplus) -
>but they have had it listed for $5.98!!!!

She is also heard prominently in the Pritchard version released
commercially on EMI LP.

I posted a WWW page on Dominguez about a year ago and received many private
questions about her career as a result. I have no information to offer on
that, so I hope that whatever comes of this thread will inform us all. For
those who have the second WWW site disc, I included all of her DGG recital
instead of only the clips I used on the site itself.

She was a remarkable and unique artist, with seemingly unlimited voice and
personality.

Mike

http://www.mrichter.com/