Subject: Re: Orfeo ed Euridice/Angela Gheorghiu - Covent Garden
From: Michael Kenward <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Sun, 10 Jun 2001 12:04:48 +0100

> This was a concert performance of the 1762 Vienna version of Gluck's Orfeo
> ed Euridice (Baerenreiter edition) with David Daniels as Orfeo, Susan
> Gritton as Euridice and Tristan Hambleton as Amore. Richard Hichox
> conducted. It was also broadcast live on BBC Radio3.

-----End Quoted (and cut) Message-----

Thanks to the BBC publishing the wrong start time, and equipment failure, I
was frustrated in my attempt to preserve this performance, which I saw on
Wednesday. Anyone help?

My problem was with Hickox and the band. I need to listen a few times to see
if the original instrument versions have wrecked his approach for me.

MK

Michael Kenward
Science>Technology>Business Writer
www.michael.kenward.dial.pipex.com