Subject: Re: COT's Acis and Galatea help and review
From: Chris Mullins <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Wed, 13 Jun 2001 21:23:56 -0400

My reply won't be much help, since I only know the Christie recording. I
just want to say that of all the CDs I bought last year, which was way too
many, this is probably my favorite. I just think the tunes are so great, the
scenario so nutty and funny, the recording first-class - it's just pure
pleasure.
Everytime I listen I go around for days muttering, "O ruddier than the
cherry". Then I have to make up the rest. "But just a little hairy/you ought
to eat less dairy" and so on.
Because of this recording, I bought the Christie "Alcina," with its all-star
cast, but it's not anywhere near as much fun. It's not supposed to be, of
course. Still.
I live in LA. Hope I can see "Acis & Galatea" one of these days. I will just
have to try very hard not to sing along.