Subject: gays and opera and note to Bobolink
From: "david bresch (Psychiatry)" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Tue, 12 Jun 2001 20:10:11 -0400

Dear Albert,

Thank you for your marvelous post, one of the best I have ever read on any
list! Albert, I would ask you two questions:

1) What are the "virulent" prohibitions against same-sex sexual behavior,
and how sure are we that these lines are well-understood?

2) How is "The Elf King" explicitly about boy-rape?

3) I urge Bobolink (whom I admire immensely) to not pay any attention to
distinctions between the words "gay" and "homosexual," because first, I
was not aware there is a distinction and second, I am not sure what the
significance of the distinctions that do emerge over time, is, since it
seems to happen quite often in a variety of settings, vis negro verses
black verses Afro-American verses African-American verses people of color.
The important thing is that we all feel safe, comfortable and welcome on
this list.

Thank you,

David Bresch
Philadelphia