Subject: Cast Yourself
From: Deja User <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Tue, 12 Jun 2001 16:34:31 -0700

Posted to Opera News Online:

Next month's ON contains an article in which singers discuss which roles they would like to sing.  (One notices a certain amount of baritone envy -- interesting.)

That might be a game worth playing.

At the moment I have four roles I'd like to sing: Alphonse in Favorite (I prob'ly more or less about half of it -- it's not a long role); Corrado in Maria de Rudenz (a very complicated role with some lovely music); Torquato Tasso; and Gerard in Chenier (another complex and fascinating role).

Don Operatico, baritono quasi cantante

Nick Tussing
Catholic University of America

E l'universo intero