Subject: PAVAROTTI 40TH ANNIV. GALA AT LUCIANOPAVROTTI.COM TODAY, 5/31
From: Ed Rosen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Thu, 31 May 2001 19:05:42 -0400

Hi- There is a continuous showing of the complete Pavarotti 40th Anniversary Gala being shown today at lucianopavarotti.com

I thinking more about the Verdi telecast last night, I think the real winner was Verdi, as usual. He has always been my favorite composer, and to think of opera if there had never been a Verdi is frightening!

In spite of individual reservations, I hope they show more rare clips on part 2.

Among the clips that I would vote for would be the wonderful last act Luisa Miller soprano-baritone duet with Scotto- Milnes, the Aida Tomb Scene with Millo-Domingo, almost anything with Zajick, the Pav "Ah si, ben mio," but *not* the very underpowered 'Pira." Also, the rarely heard aria and cabaletta that Pavarotti sang in the Ernani telecast.

I would also like to see some of Freni in Don Carlo- perhaps the last act aria. Also Cossotto in the Judgement Scene from Aida, more Price- especially  the Ballo duet with Pav from the Centennial Gala- and so much more.

I myself have every opera the Met ever telecast in my collection, and some they didn't! But the quality of their tapes is much better than my old originals.

Best,
Ed