Subject: Re: Met Telecast
From: Bob Kingston <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Thu, 31 May 2001 09:46:37 -0400

Thankfully, the evening's highlights (Troyanos' "O don fatale," that great
"O patria mia" from 1985, the 1977 "Rigoletto" with MacNeil--in spectacular
voice, thank you!--and--be still my heart--Ileana Cotrubas, Vickers and
Scotto locking horns in "Otello") more than made up for the run of the mill
stuff we got from Millo (for goodness sakes, Aprile, if you're going resort
to all of those hand gestures, at least make them look CONVINCING!) and
Pavarotti.

Bob