Subject: Re: MET VERDI GALA - Program
From: Bill Heron <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Wed, 30 May 2001 16:38:02 -0400

-----Original Message-----
From: Jack Hall <[log in to unmask]>
To: [log in to unmask] <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Wednesday, May 30, 2001 3:20 PM
Subject: Re: MET VERDI GALA, in Houston

>....Does anybody have information on the program
>and performers (except for Levine, of course)?
>
>Jack

Here is the program:

I Vespri Siciliani
Overture
The Metropolitan Opera Orchestra
>From In Concert at the Met
Original air date: December 3, 1982

La Forza del Destino
Act III, scene 1: Duet - "Solenne in quest'ora"
Pl?cido Domingo, Sherrill Milnes
>From In Concert at the Met
Original air date: May 11, 1983

Don Carlo
Act III, scene 1: Eboli's aria -- "O don fatale"
Tatiana Troyanos, Renata Scotto
Original air date: April 12, 1980

Un Ballo in Maschera
Act I, scene 1 finale: "Il primo giudice"
Harolyn Blackwell, Luciano Pavarotti, Leo Nucci
Original air date: May 22, 1991

Un Ballo in Maschera
Act II: Amelia's aria -- "Ecco l'orrido campo"
Aprile Millo
Original air date: May 22, 1991

La Traviata
Act II, finale: "Invitato a qui seguirmi"
Ileana Cotrubas, Pl?cido Domingo, Cornell MacNeil
Original air date: September 30, 1981

Aida
Act III: Aida's aria -- "O patria mia"
Leontyne Price
Original air date: January 3, 1985

Stiffelio
Act III, scene 3: Stankar's aria -- "Lina, pensai che un angelo"
Vladimir Chernov
Original air date: December 27, 1993

Otello?
Act III, scene 1: Desdemona, Otello duet -- "Dio mi giocondi, o sposo"
Renata Scotto, Jon Vickers, Cornell MacNeil
Original air date: September 25, 1978

Rigoletto
Act III: Duke of Mantua's aria -- "La donna ? mobile"
Luciano Pavarotti
Original air date: December 16, 1981

Rigoletto
Act III: Quartet -- "Un d?, se ben rammentomi"
Cheryl Studer, Birgitta Svend?n, Luciano Pavarotti, Leo Nucci
>From The Silver Anniversary Gala at Lincoln Center
Original air date: September 23, 1991

Rigoletto
Act III, finale: "Della vendetta alfin giunge l'istante!"
Ileana Cotrubas, Pl?cido Domingo, Justino D?az, Cornell MacNeil
Original air date: November 7, 1977