Subject: Re: Anselmo Colzani
From: "Forrest W. Barton" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Tue, 29 May 2001 02:43:51 -0700

For my very limited listening experience, two roles pop into my head
that AC did extremely well.

His Micconet from ADRIANA. He really gets the most out of this good
role, clearly showing the heartbreak in his voice.

His Jack Rance from FANCIULLA. There are no barks in his 1970
performances with Tebaldi. His voice conveys the part, and he did this
with many different casts.

How I wish we had more than "pirate" tapes of AC to listen to. But those
MET performances of his are pure gold, and he was always applauded
heartily, esp. in the '69 MET Broadcast of ADRIANA. One of his best
nights.

Forrest

http://community.webtv.net/Operapast/OPERAPASTTOURPAGE