Subject: Re: DVD TO VHS
From: Sandra Bowdler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Wed, 30 May 2001 07:15:46 +0800

Hello all,

Technically, copying from DVD to VHS is just a matter of connecting them
by a cable.  BUT ...  DVDs are encoded so the signal will not transmit
clearly to a VHS.  I read this but being an empiricist had to try it
myself.  The sound transmits and copies fine, but the picture is unstable,
flickering and changing colour constantly.  I suppose if you can put up
with this, you can make copies.  There might be equipment which can
overcome this, but I can't imaging it would be readily available.

sorry not to be of more help

Sandra

Sandra Bowdler

Centre for Archaeology
University of Western Australia
35 Stirling Highway
CRAWLEY     WA      6009

tel.   +61 (0) 8 93802113
       +61 (0) 8 93802868
fax    +61 (0) 8 93801023
e-mail  [log in to unmask]
http://www.arts.uwa.edu.au/Archaeology/index.html

   When jaundice jealousy, and carking care,
Or tyrant pride, or homicide despair,
The soul as on a rack in torture keep,
These monsters Handel's music lulls to sleep.
                               - anon. 1740

PLEASE VISIT THIS SITE:  http://www.thehungersite.com/