Subject: Diana Soviero and L'Opera de Montreal
From: ML&JB MACDONALD <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Tue, 29 May 2001 11:22:41 -0300

    I've been nomail for a while so apologies if this has already been
posted.
    I know that many of you are fans of Diana Soviero.  She is scheduled to
song the role of Madame Raquin in Tobias Picker's opera Therese Raquin at
L'Opera de Montreal next February.  It's billed as the world premiere in
French.  It's a co-production with the Dallas Opera and the San Diego Opera,
though I don't know whether Mme. Soviero is singing in Dallas or San Diego.
    Other productions in the 2001-2002 season in Montreal include Peter
Grimes, Nabucco, Tosca, The Rape of Lucretia, and L'Elisir d'Amore.  You can
obtain more information from their website www.operademontreal.qc.ca.
    Bruce MacDonald