Subject: Re: MET Verdi Compilation
From: Bruce Prentice <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Thu, 31 May 2001 17:41:29 -0400

On Thu, 31 May 2001, Karl Joseph Ufert wrote:

> - Price in the AIDA scene (I was in the third row of
> the orchestra section of the MET watching her face
> during that scene...  I will never forget it).

Wish I had been there back in 85.
The riveting closeup of Miss Price at the conclusion is unforgettable.
Was she fighting back tears I suspect?  I tried, but couldn't--after this
aria and that closeup of her face and those watery dark eyes, my own
tears came gushing forth!  Brava and bravo to Verdi!

Bruce A. Prentice                 |    E-mail: [log in to unmask]
Toronto, Ontario. Canada          |     "Volano al raggio del'eterno di"
M5B 2K3                           |               (G. Verdi)