Subject: Harolyn Blackwell
From: [log in to unmask]
Date:Thu, 31 May 2001 17:02:06 EDT

Lisa Hirsch says <<P. S. The discussion of affirmative action is pure red
herring: I expect there are plenty of lyric, but not coloratura, roles in
which Blackwell
would be just fine. I'd suggesting sticking to discussing her musical,
theatrical, artistic, and technical skills. >>

Right on, Lisa. Harolyn's performances at the Met can be found at:

http://www.operaphile.com/metdata.html

Use your browser's FIND to scroll through her performances.

Hal Sokolsky
http://www.operaphile.com