Subject: Met Telecast
From: [log in to unmask]
Date:Wed, 30 May 2001 21:05:29 EDT

Well, it took an hour, but I finally got to hear some fabulous singing. I
find Ileana Cotrubas such a touching, affecting singer. the sound of her
voice is so poignant, and her phrasing is so eloquent. And Sherrill Milnes
isn't fit to rinse out Cornell MacNeil's spats. And even though Leontyne
Price was never one of my faves, I have to hand it to the old gal: she still
had her upper-middle register (always the best part of her voice) and even
her pianissimo high C on her farewell night, and she was steadier than
anybody singing her repertory today. And you could tell she was thinking:
Kiddos, you aren't gonna hear it this good for a long, long while. And we
haven't. Deborah who??????????

bill albright