Subject: Re: Gino Sari --- Depends Commercial
From: Bob Kingston <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Wed, 30 May 2001 18:39:57 -0400

I've never been terribly impressed with Gino Sarri's voice. It's not bad,
but to my ears, there's nothing really distinctive about it either. He
sounds like about a half a dozen other house singers who were active in
the 1950s. His biggest claim to fame is probably that he sang Normanno on
the 1953 Callas Lucia.

At one time, I had a 1950 Aida with him and Roman, and 1950 Chenier with a
cast I don't recall; he's also on a 1958 Naples Simon I have with Gobbi and
Gencer. And he did record Trovatore with Roman in 1952.

Bob