Subject: MET VERDI GALA
From: Gerald Waldman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Wed, 30 May 2001 14:06:56 -0400

Just want to let all Boston area opera lovers know that the VERDI Gala from
the METROPOLITAN in tribute to the Verdi Centennial will only air in Boston
on Saturday, 6/2 at 8:00 p.m. on Channel 44.  As far as I know it will be
airing tonight on WNET in New York.  I can't thank Jon Dorsch and all the
others enough for their wonderful posts full of stories about Beverly Sills
and Teresa Stratas.  This is one of the wonderful things that make Opera-l so
special, when opera lovers from all over the world write about their
wonderful experiences of seeing great artists in opera/concert/recital.  I
can't wait until tomorrow!

Warmest Regards to Opera Lovers,

Jerry Waldman