Subject: Birthday Correction
From: Robert Dilley <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Wed, 30 May 2001 11:07:26 -0400

Fellow Listers,

On May 23 I posted Rosa Raisa's birthday.  She is included in "Baker's
Biographical Dictionary of Musicians" as born May 23, 1893, died
September 28, 1963.  I have been advised by Mr. Charles Mintzer that she
was born on May 30, 1893.  Mr. Mintzer is writing her biography and has
incisive knowledge of her date of birth.  Accordingly, I would like to
announce this correction to my May 23 posting.  It is rare when Baker's
reference is in error; however, I would prefer to use Mr. Mintzer's
direct knowledge of her date of birth.  It is because of knowledgeable
people like Mr. Mintzer that these errors can be corrected.  I am
indebted to Mr. Mintzer for allowing me the opportunity to make this
correction to Rosa's birth date, and thank him for so adivising me.

Bob Dilley
Morituri te Salutamus