Subject: Re: subtitles
From: Sirje Aleksandra Viise <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Wed, 4 Apr 2001 06:22:13 -0700

No, No, I was being silly.  Of course I should have qualified that with:
Subtitles are great!  They certainly are necessary where the singing is
unclear, the opera unfamiliar, or where my language skills can't help me.
And generally, it makes the experience a little easier to enjoy fully.

BUT, now that I think of it, maybe the new audience section idea wouldn't be
so bad.  Every row would of course be chaperoned by a severe mistress of
opera manners.

Harold Quayle wrote:

>  >Perhaps a compromise could be reached: newer audiences could sit in
>  >"subtitled" sections-- where they can also be free to crinkle, cough,
>  >whisper and snort their way through opera.
>
>  Of course you didn't really mean this seriously. :-)

Send a cool gift with your E-Card
http://www.bluemountain.com/giftcenter/