Subject: Re: One does have to wonder was Bernheimer
From: Albert Innaurato <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Fri, 6 Apr 2001 00:38:04 -0700

--- Mike Begley <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
> A private post has asked me to support my post on
> the basis of the review.  For those interested,
> please see below.  Emphasis added.

Two of us (I'm afraid I'll misspell Mr. Id...'s name
too)were ignored for making Mr. Begley's point
somewhat differently. The "review" displays an
arrogant tone, no substance, undocumented opinion and
is an attack on an audience which takes an important
work seriously.

I don't care a fig for Domingo's "real" age. But I
think the vacuous discourse of "senior reviewers" (and
in no sense in my opinion is Bernheimer a "critic"
regardless of his advanced age and snappy rejoinders
to the "Quiz kids")needs to be discussed and seen for
what it is.

When senior citizens on the list wonder about the (in
their opinion) downward standards of operatic
presentation, every "review" such as this one a
contributing factor. Snide idiocy has come to dominate
perception so much it is often invisible.

My remark about the Pulitzer was perhaps not
understood. Bernheimer "won" one probably because the
committee that year couldn't read and didn't care. The
history of who has one that prize is remkarable for
the sheer numbers of numbskull so "honored". I am
sorry for the gullibility of those on this taken in by
such a prize, or apparently on appearances on the
"broadcasts" where one nowadays has to fail tests to
appear (as did the cretin who produces them).

And I must wonder why list space if taken up with
displays of "keep your hand in jobs" like that one
particularly when the result in insulting.

Emma Albani