Subject: Re: kuda, kuda, Russian pronunciation
From: "G. K." <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Thu, 5 Apr 2001 18:44:24 -0000

>Date:    Thu, 5 Apr 2001 07:43:36 -0400
>From:    Jeremy Cohen <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: kuda, kuda, Russian pronunciation
>
>Can anyone suggest a recording of "Kuda, kuda, kuda vy udalilis" (from
>Eugene Onegin) in which the words are enunciated sufficiently clearly for
>me to learn the aria (with the music, of course) without being able to read
>Russian?  The score from which I am trying to learn the aria has a kind of
>English transliteration which could be pronounced at least 10 different
>ways and I only have 2 recordings of it [snip]

*** Get that Russian recording with Lemeshev that somebody suggested and you
should be able to figure how to pronounce the words: compare the English
transliteration with what you're hearing and things should come together.
If that doesn't work, however, e-mail me privately.  I speak Russian.  You
can call me on the phone and I'll tell you how to pronounce things.
Regards,
Iphise