Subject: Re: Eaglen's Turandot; Covent Garden
From: [log in to unmask]
Date:Sat, 3 Mar 2001 06:28:14 EST

In a message dated 03/03/2001 7:04:16 AM GMT Standard Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

> I didn't
> hear one (our of three, spread over two years) that was sung anywhere close
> to consistently in tune.

That s one of her problems here in London right now, as well.  My biggest
criticism, however, is that she really does nothing to bring the role alive.
It was a loud and plain performance. No acting to speak of, either, and for
those of us who remember how this production is supposed to be it became
something of a trial.

Regards  NICK/London