Subject: Gianni Schicchi Pairings
From: ML&JB MACDONALD <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Thu, 1 Mar 2001 14:47:58 -0400

Nobody seems to have mentioned that the ENO paired Gianni Schicchi with
Delius' Fennimore and Gerda.  The latter was one of the worst productions
(not musically) that I have ever seen, and there wasn't one critic whom I
read who had a good word to say for it.  I was there on opening night and
when the producer came out to take her bow, she was roundly booed with
shouts of "Garbage!' and worse.  The production of Schicchi was quite decent
and allowed us to go home in a good mood.
Bruce MacDonald