Subject: Re: Brittens ' "Midsummer" - recommendations-
From: Brian Conway <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Tue, 6 Mar 2001 00:10:29 +1100

I too enjoy Britten's own recording of A Midsummer Night's Dream, but for a
reasonably recent (1990) recording with current singers, the Richard Hickox
set with James Bowman, Lillian Watson, Norman Bailey, Penelope Walker and
Della Jones, with the Trinity Boys Choir is wll worth seeking out.

After experiencing Brian Asawa as Oberon in the theatre, I'm not too keen to
hear his recording.

Regards
Brian Conway