Subject: Re: Swenson
From: "T. Johansen" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Sun, 4 Mar 2001 11:26:15 -0800

I only had the opportunity to listen to the famous aria "Maman" or whatever
with Swenson. My reception was okay I thought, but her tone was consistently
flat (at least 1/8 lower) through a whole phrase or two and then back to
pitch, then flat again etc. It drove me nuts, so I stopped listening!
Could it be my reception also?? I was wondering how old Swenson is now,
because it sounded exactly like an 'older' operasinger (I am so sorry if I
offend you, Miss Swenson).
I realize that radio broadcasts are not in the least an indication of what
the audience really hears!

Just wondering!

Birgit
Ladysmith, B.C.