Subject: Domingo Interview (was Marc at the Mets)
From: Richard Lynn <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Mon, 16 Oct 2000 17:09:36 EDT

Janos asked:

<<    In a completely different matter, I just heard a "news item" on ABC
about Domingo considering retirement, "crushed" by his granddaughter posing
nude in some magazine. What's that all about?>>

>From Today's Reuters Newswire:

Monday October 16 10:37 AM ET
Placido Domingo Appalled Granddaughter Posed Naked

LONDON (Reuters) - Spanish opera singer Placido Domingo said on Monday he was
``appalled'' when he learned his wayward granddaughter had posed naked for
'Playboy' magazine.

In an interview with Britain's Daily Telegraph newspaper, Domingo, 60, said:
``I am hurt for my family and of course I am not happy about it.''

Granddaughter Ivonne is the daughter of his son Jose, from the singer's first
early marriage at the age of 16.

``I haven't seen the pictures because that would be the last thing I could
do,'' the famed tenor told the newspaper.

``I just wish her well and hope that she will be happy. She has chosen to do
this; it is her own choice.''

The singer also said that his long career is approaching its end.

``If my career was an aeroplane flight, there is no doubt I am coming down to
land,'' he said.

``Maybe I could sing another four, five years. The maximum would be when I am
65, which will be the year 2006.''

The complete story in the Daily Telegraph can be found at:
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/et?ac=003642521905391&rtmo=3mnHuAmM&atmo=tttttttd&p

g=/et/00/10/16/tldomi16.html