Subject: unknown (to me) sopranos
From: kurt youngmann <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Wed, 18 Oct 2000 10:51:38 -0500

Several duets in my collection feature well known male singers with
sopranos I've never heard of. If anyone can offer a little information
about any of them I'll be most appreciative.

Anna Maria Turchetti appears in a duet from Mose in Egitto in a 1924
Pinza recording.

One Gina Bernelli sings a Rigoletto selection with Bechi (1943)

Nunu (love that name) Sanchioni is the Gilda in a couple of 1930
Rigoletto duets with Granforte.

One or two of them have voices that I find, shall we say, not beautiful.

Did these singers make other recordings?

Someone once told me that recording studios had what the called "house"
singers on hand to fill in on duets with major singers. Is this true and
is it the case in the above examples?

TIA for responses,

Kurt Youngmann