Subject: Re: mailer-daemon
From: Margaret Mikulska <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Sun, 23 Jul 2000 02:52:44 -0400

Mailer-Daemon is a system utility that handles undeliverable e-mail.
Typically, e-mail can't be delivered if the user doesn't exist (e.g.,
either his/her name is misspelled or the account was terminated), the name
of the destination system is wrong (again, often misspelled or
non-existent), the user's mailbox is full, or else there is a problem with
the configuration of the destination system.  In this particular case, it
seems that when your posting was distributed to the whole list, it turned
out that one lister's mailbox (Hart Gilula's in this case) was full and
your posting was returned as undeliverable.  And that's how you got it.
Sometimes (it depends of the configuration of mail) the posting is returned
to the whole mailing list and then everybody receives the same message from
Mailer-Daemon.

-Margaret Mikulska