Subject: Bjoerling and Theodora
From: [log in to unmask]
Date:Wed, 26 Jul 2000 16:01:51 -0500

I'd also love to have a commercially recorded Faust with B. There is a Met
broadcast CD that is not available in the U.S. But the unrecorded work I'd
really love to have with him is Andrea Chenier. I bet he'd have been magnificent
in it.

Re Theodora. The Glyndebourne telecast of Theodora is available through BMG
Music Service. A couple of years ago there was much gnashing of teeth and
rending of garments on the list because it was not available in North American
format. It's not on the BMG website, but it shows up on the BMG "other
merchandise" sheet that is mailed with the periodic catelogue. I gather it
cannot be ordered on line, only through the mail. Why? Your guess is as good as
mine. I don't know who is publishing these tapes, but when mine shows up, I'll
let you know.

For those interested in checking out BMG, their URL is
http://www.bmgmusicservice.com/

I have no connection with this company.