Subject: Trash Talk
From: Terri Stuart <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Sun, 9 Apr 2000 15:32:35 EDT

Operanut wrote:

<<This is trash talk pure and simple, sewage and not discourse. It's ONLY
purpose is to hurt, it is personal in the extreme, and surely must be
offensive to every woman on this list. I will not hold my breath until
our our listowner does anything about it. I am even more appalled that
NO ONE has yet spoken up against it.>>

One wonders if the publishers of Lesbian and Gay New York realize that one of
their correspondants is such a blatant misogynist.  Unfortunately, this type
of posting goes on here and elsewhere.  Receiving a reaction seems to be the
purpose of these posts and ignoring such posts has been somewhat effective
elsewhere.

I thought that this was a monitored forum and offensive, slanderous posts
were pulled.   I can block items by certain authors on AOL, however, I can't
do that here.  I was hoping the list owner would do that for me and others.
However, I guess my concept of good taste and civility is at odds with that
of the list owner.

Terri Stuart