Subject: Trash Talk
From: "John W. Carr" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Sun, 9 Apr 2000 09:00:27 -0700

While I also find little to charm me in Cori Ellison's radio
personality, James Jordan has almost topped his own mark of
offensiveness in his message expressing his displeasure:

> Subject:
>         Is there a more annoying Met intermission commentator than Cori Ellison?
>
> Or a bigger suck-up?
>
> Or a less well-informed "Dramaturg?"  (I mean, who knew that BALLO,
> SIMON BOCCANEGRA and DON CARLOS had "absurd" plots?)
>
> And then there's her voice, reminiscent of Patty Duke in the more
> grating moments of VALLEY OF THE DOLLS ("Lyook at Jyennifer wyith her
> ryich byoyfryiend!  I byet a thyouand byeads pyop off thyat dryess every
> tyime she bryeathes!")
>
> Are there *no* other biological females available for a half-hour on
> Saturday afternoon? I mean, given Ellison's apparent lack of expertise
> on *any* aspect of art of opera, couldn't they just grab some random
> passer-by on Columbus Avenue?  Anyone with a uterus would do.
>
> But Upshaw and Croft are just divine ...

This is trash talk pure and simple, sewage and not discourse. It's ONLY
purpose is to hurt, it is personal in the extreme, and surely must be
offensive to every woman on this list. I will not hold my breath until
our our listowner does anything about it. I am even more appalled that
NO ONE has yet spoken up against it.

John Carr