Subject: di Stefano
From: Maria Holub <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Thu, 13 Apr 2000 19:18:18 -0700

--- Pauline Moore <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
> I'd also like to say that one of my treasures is a
> recording of Rigoletto with Callas (not in fine
form)
> and di Stefano (REALLY not in fine form) and Gobbi
> (in fine form no matter what). I think some
> perspective is needed.

Taking this off onto a tangent, I also have this
recording of Rigoletto. At least, I'm assuming it's
the same one, because all the information I have
states that Callas only ever made one recording of
Rigoletto. Anyways, I'm making it exceedingly obvious,
I think, by this comment, just how young I am, but I
have apparently never HEARD di Stefano in good voice,
because I didn't hear anything wrong with his singing
in this recording. Anyways, I wonder if anyone could
point me toward some of his better recordings, so I
can get a better idea of what the man sounded like.

Maria Holub <[log in to unmask]>
http://www.geocities.com/Vienna/Opera/3774/index.html