Subject: Lemeshev
From: brescd01 <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Sat, 8 Apr 2000 22:15:44 -0400

Dear List,

I just tuned into the "greatest tenors" sight that is always described on
this list and I listened to Lemeshev's version of Pourquoi me reveiller:
someone mentioned this version and I have to say it is truly extraordinary,
the best I have heard after Battistini. Where can I have early Lemeshev
recordings? I have the Preiser disc, and the Evgeny Onegin, but where can I
have additional arias by Lemeshev. I really think he is great. I know there
has been comment on this, the lack of availability of his recordings on
disc. But might there be at least one recital disc that I have missed?

David
New York City